The G-bar support team offers two evening courses at the beginning of the Summer semester. Throughout the evening, G-bar supporters will be there to help you through the exercises and answer any questions you might have.
What is it about?
When you are new to the IT systems at DTU, it can be hard to navigate around. These exercises serve as a good introduction to the overall system, and the things that you are probably going to use the most.
The exercises are structured as small self-contained sections compiled into a PDF file. You can find links to the exercises at the bottom of this article.
A quick overview of what the exercises go through:
- Getting access to the internet/wifi through eduroam/DTU
- Check your student mail from your own computer or via the web interface
- Printing from your own computer or via ThinLinc
- Downloading programs from downloads.cc.dtu.dk
- Running programs from the G-bar via ThinLinc
- Transferring files from and to your local computer to your DTU home drive, via SFTP using FileZilla
Exercises: Gbar Introduction Exercises (English)